Barbara Lucia holds a Master of Science degree in Education from Wheelock College, Boston, Mass. specializing in Early Childhood Education and Development.
Her Work Experiences include:
- Special Needs Preschool Teacher
- Director of licensed New York Day Care Center and Head Infant Toddler Teacher.
- Teacher in licensed PA day care centers serving ages 18 months to 4 years.
- School and Community-based children’s mental health therapeutic aide.
- Home and Community Support Services for developmentally disabled children and adults.
Training Experiences include:
- Children’s Hospital, Boston, Mass. Infant-Toddler Inpatient Unit.
- Tri-City Mental Health and Retardation Center, Malden, MA. Infant-Toddler Early Intervention Program.
- Beacon Hill Nursery School, Boston, Mass. Kindergarten Student Teaching.
- Bayley Assessment Institute, Brookline Early Education Project. Certification in administration of The Bayley Scales of Infant Development.
She also has had wide-ranging work experiences in various medical settings in Massachusetts and locally in Pennsylvania as a member of hospital and office support staff.
She has been very happy to discover and hopefully contribute to the children of Warren County through the Free Books for Kids programs.